- Do you want to learn how to become an intuitive eater and maximise the enjoyment you get from eating?
- Would you like to break free from the cycle of dieting?
- Would you like to free yourself from the stress and anxiety that comes with dieting/preoccupation with food and body?
If you answered yes then you’ve come to the right place!
At Be Mindful Nutrition I can help you to free yourself from guilt and shame around food and eating that is usually associated with dieting. Scientific evidence shows that most people that embark on a diet or ‘health kick’ in the attempt to change body weight/shape, regain lost weight with many gradually increasing their weight over time. This can lead to frustration, disappointment and despair. It can also lead to poor physical and psychological outcomes. Therefore dieting is not helpful for the majority of people with weight concerns.
I utilise a Health At Every Size® and Non-Diet Approach framework to support you to engage in health behaviours to improve diet quality and physical activity rather than focus on the scale.
What can I expect from a non-diet consult at Be Mindful Nutrition?
You can expect a non-judgemental, kind, empathetic understanding of your current food, eating or body concerns. An initial assessment can usually take 1-2 sessions to gain a full picture of your current concerns and what has been helpful or unhelpful in the past. We will discuss the following in order to develop the best plan for what will be most helpful to you during our sessions:
- History of past/current dieting attempts
- Any restrictive eating/disordered eating behaviours or body image concerns
- Understanding any specific food behaviours and triggers or cues to eat or restrict food.
- Current medical conditions (related to diet), medications, current physical activities
- Any barriers to self-care
- Diet debunking and food myth busting
- Explanation of the non-diet approach and discussion of how to apply it into your life with skill building exercises such as hunger and fullness awareness, mindful eating practices etc.
Most of all it will be a collaborative process helping you to move from a place of discomfort to a place of peace with food, eating and your body.
Together we can achieve the following:
- Break free from dieting and/or disordered eating behaviours and thinking patterns such as restricting, bingeing, purging and the weight cycling that is associated with this
- Freedom from the stress and anxiety that comes with dieting, food and body preoccupation
- Honour your body’s needs and build skills in responding to your natural, internal signals of what, when and how much to eat
- Have a peaceful relationship with food and your body – giving you more space to live your most enjoyable, vibrant life!
If you would like to find out more or book in an appointment to see me: